What is the difference between a food processor and a mixer grinder?
People often confuse a mixer grinder and a food processor because their appearances and mechanisms are similar.
But the main difference between a mixer grinder and a food processor is that the mixer grinder can be used for mixing, grinding, blending, juicing, and sometimes mincing meats.
A food processor, on the other hand, may perform a range of tasks including aata kneading, slicing, chopping, grating, meat mincing, and citrus juicing, as well as mixing, grinding, blending, and juicing.
Some points you should know about Mixer Grinder:
The majority of mixer grinders come with three jars, with the juicer jar being included on sometimes. The following are the jars:
- Wet grinding jar – Wet jars are used for prepare such ingredients which needs water to be poured to get it ready, such as batter for dosas and Idli. This types of jars are also used to make juices.
- Dry grinding jar – This types of jars are use to make dry ingredients such as raw spices.
- Chutney jar – This types of jars are use to prepare chutney and can be use for both dry and wet grinding.
- Dry/Wet jar – This types of jars can be use both for wet and dry grinding purpose.
- Juicer jar – The juicer jar is used to extract fine juice from fruits and vegetable.
The blades used in mixer grinders are dry grinding blade, chutney blade and wet grinding blade. Some blades are permanently attached to the jars, while others can be removed.
A mixer grinder with a 500-watt motor is ideal for a small family and light to medium-duty tasks.
A 750-watt mixer grinder, on the other hand, is ideal for heavy-duty tasks. If you have a large family, you can invest in a mixer grinder with a 750-watt motor.
For commercial use, a mixer grinder with a power rating above 750 watts is ideal.
In India, you will find an excellent mixer grinder with the most up-to-date features for less than 6000 Rs.
Click here to read the full guide on How To Choose The Best Mixer Grinder In 2021 ?
Some points you should know about Food Processor:
A food processor comes may come with wet grinding jar, dry grinding jar, chutney jar, juicer, Dry/wet jar and a master jar.
With the help of several blades designed for specific tasks, you can use the master jar for atta kneading, meat mincing, cutting, grating, slicing, and more. The blades can be changed according to your needs.
If you want good performance output than consider buying one above 750 wattage ranging from price 6000.
Some of the food processors that will provide you with excellent performance output are Vidiem MG 15 750 watt, Preethi zion 750 watts, Preethi zodiac 750 watts, Vidiem MG 579A 750 watts, and Phillips HL7707/00 750 watts.